For Derek's birthday weekend, we decided to use a generous gift and stay in Sausalito, the quaint historic town on the north side of the Golden Gate in San Francisco. We were able to stay at Cavallo Point, a beautiful resort that was formerly military housing and barracks during WWI, and WWII. We had a beautiful view of the bridge on Friday, before the fog rolled in Saturday. We dined at the resort restaurant, walked to the water, spent time in the luxurious spa, and just enjoyed doing nothing for about 24 hours. Grant was a joy to bring along, and received a lot of fun attention from fellow guests. He smiled, cooed, and loved being outside on the balcony, on walks, and eating on the porch of the restaurant with a beautiful view and cool breeze. It was a wonderful time as a family, and we can't wait to go back and enjoy more of what the beautiful city has to offer.
Monday, May 22, 2017
Friday, May 19, 2017
Milestones at Five Months:
- LOVES to eat! We tried solids (organic oatmeal) and he was in heaven!
- Rolls all around, back to tummy, and tummy to back.
- He has a move called "The Superman" where he rolls onto his tummy, and thrusts his arms back like he is flying through the air!
- Babbles, spits, screams, laughs and is just all around hilarious with his noises!
- Enjoys sleeping on his tummy, especially in his crib!
- Still loves to nurse, and needs at least 2 feedings in the night (this boy is growing!)
- Solidly wearing 6 month clothes, and a few 9 month pieces!
- Loves the water, and enjoys to kick and splash in the tub.
- Being outside is his favorite, so our morning walks/jogs are one of his favorite times of the day!
Monday, May 15, 2017
Although Derek was on-call for my first Mother's Day, he pulled out all the stops in order to celebrate me and made me feel so loved and special. He claimed that he & Grant figured out the plan, and he executed. HA! I was served a yummy breakfast in bed of cake donuts (per my request!), yogurt, granola & berries for a parfait, and a yummy Sunrise punch, hand mixed by Grant! It was all so yummy and fun to eat with my boys in bed before church. I also received a beautiful necklace with Grant's name stamped into it. I will cherish it forever! After church, we ate dinner and then hung around for the night. Of course we each called our Mother's, and wished them well. After many years of hoping and praying to become a Mother, I now know it was worth the wait. Grant was and will always be the perfect gift after the years.
Tuesday, May 9, 2017
Grant loved his first experience of eating solids. He took right to it; grabbed the spoon, bowl, and was trying to eat himself! He gobbled up his oatmeal like a pro, and now looks forward to it every night, followed by a warm bath and his Summer jammies!