- Grant has taken a few steps! He is great at standing unassisted, and when motivated enough (and not really paying attention!) he will take 3-5 steps. He still prefers crawling because he is a speed demon!
- He eats all table foods. Some of his favorites are meat (all kinds), green beans, cheese, corn and mandarin oranges.
- His favorite toys are the Tupperware drawer, the carbon monoxide detector, and his Halloween books.
- He started clicking his tongue and it's the cutest sound in the world.
- He can mutter a few words; Dada, Oh, All Done (Ah-Do), Hi, and Bye Bye.
- He loves to wave and put his hands above his head, usually while listening to music and dancing.
- He prefers Earth, Wind and Fire over any other band.
- He has a crooked smile, perfect for Halloween with 5 Jack-O-Lantern teeth.
- Loves to shower with Dad in the morning and play in the water!
In September, we flew to Orlando, Florida and met the Jones family for a week at Disney World. We had the best time between park jumping, enjoying a water park and the pool, and eating yummy food! Grant was in heaven at each park, and especially loved "The Lion King" show in Animal Kingdom. Derek loved checking out the new Pandora land and ride at Animal Kingdom as well, which was really incredible! One of the most magical experiences was watching him try on his Mickey Ears for the first time! He was smiling at himself in the mirror in pure delight. He also LOVED the characters, and enjoyed kissing their noses. It was a great week and we had the best time spending time with one another at the happiest place on earth!
Grant and I were lucky enough to travel down south for the wedding of my first Jones cousin, Mackenzie. I remember my sister Rachel and I would dress up her, Dallin (our brother) and Madalyn (Mackenzie's sister) and play wedding ALL the time growing up, and now it really was a REAL wedding. It was a beautiful day and everything looked amazing! The flowers, the cake, the centerpieces, and Mackenzie and Nathan themselves. They were married in the Newport Beach Temple and had a lovely evening reception at a clubhouse in Coto de Caza (where they had their first kiss!). Grant was passed around by family, friends, and became best friends with a few of the bridesmaids. We had a great time and as always, we weren't there long enough. Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Rock!