Monday, December 25, 2017
Wednesday, December 20, 2017
Tuesday, December 19, 2017
Friday, December 15, 2017
Wednesday, December 6, 2017
Sunday, November 19, 2017
Milestones at Eleven Months:
-We have a WALKER! Grant began walking about a week after his 10 month mark. He has mastered it and can now turn, pivot, and go from sitting to standing without holding onto anything for support.
- Loves to eat! Enjoys meat (all kinds), berries, bananas & pancakes.
- Still nursing 4-6 times a day; mostly for naps and bed, with a snack before dinner.
- He is a Mr. Chatty Cathy! He talks and mimics all day. Some of his new phrases, "I did it!" "Is it?" and "Hi Dad".
- Loves his Fisher Price Nativity from Gran. He loves to walk around with the hay bale and Baby Jesus, and can even say (in his own language) "Jesus"!
- Besides his Nativity, his toys of choice are his diaper cream tube, old baseball cards & his bottle brush.
- Grant loves books and reading. He has mastered holding a book on his own and turning the pages.
- If he is every grumpy or tired, we turn on his "Funky Fun" playlist full of 1970's Funk music and his frown turns upside down!
- Transitioned to a big boy car seat & thinks he is the coolest kid ever!
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Thursday, October 19, 2017
Milestones at Ten Months:
- Grant has taken a few steps! He is great at standing unassisted, and when motivated enough (and not really paying attention!) he will take 3-5 steps. He still prefers crawling because he is a speed demon!
- He eats all table foods. Some of his favorites are meat (all kinds), green beans, cheese, corn and mandarin oranges.
- His favorite toys are the Tupperware drawer, the carbon monoxide detector, and his Halloween books.
- He started clicking his tongue and it's the cutest sound in the world.
- He can mutter a few words; Dada, Oh, All Done (Ah-Do), Hi, and Bye Bye.
- He loves to wave and put his hands above his head, usually while listening to music and dancing.
- He prefers Earth, Wind and Fire over any other band.
- He has a crooked smile, perfect for Halloween with 5 Jack-O-Lantern teeth.
- Loves to shower with Dad in the morning and play in the water!
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
In September, we flew to Orlando, Florida and met the Jones family for a week at Disney World. We had the best time between park jumping, enjoying a water park and the pool, and eating yummy food! Grant was in heaven at each park, and especially loved "The Lion King" show in Animal Kingdom. Derek loved checking out the new Pandora land and ride at Animal Kingdom as well, which was really incredible! One of the most magical experiences was watching him try on his Mickey Ears for the first time! He was smiling at himself in the mirror in pure delight. He also LOVED the characters, and enjoyed kissing their noses. It was a great week and we had the best time spending time with one another at the happiest place on earth!