Wednesday, November 18, 2015

CHOCOLATE PECAN PIE BARS & A TABLE FOR TWO

 Derek and I have had our fair shares of Thanksgivings with family and friends, surrounded by delicious food and loud laughter. We have also had a fair share just the two of us, in our little home, feasting on our favorites like cornbread stuffing and rolls. (We clearly are a pro-carb family here, folks). This year, we are dining just the two of us. Although we miss our families, and the camaraderie of the day, we do enjoy years when we can spend an entire day together. This, my friends, is a rarity unto itself. Using simple items from around the house, our table for two this year will also consist of turkey, cornbread stuffing (this year I used sage sausage instead of bacon!), mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, green beans & gravy. For dessert, Derek requested his favorite chocolate cream pie, while I prefer a twist on the classic, pecan pie. These chocolate drizzled pecan bars are ooey and gooey, and going to make anyone you serve them to a very full, and happy camper. Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

  1. I want to be you when I grow up! Those look incredible!

    ReplyDelete