Monday, November 9, 2015

APPLE HILL

 Scattered through El Dorado County, outside of Placerville, is a smattering of apple orchards known as Apple Hill. Derek and I ventured East early on Saturday morning, and enjoyed the beautiful drive through the hills, arriving at High Hill Ranch before the crowds. We were first in line for hot apple fritters and cider, both the best we have ever tasted. We strolled the ranch, and shops, before heading to our second destination, Rainbow Orchards, for famously known apple cider donuts. After venturing to the different orchards, we stopped in Placerville, and walked the historic downtown. It was absolutely picture perfect. I kept telling Derek I felt like I was back in Rexburg or a real life Stars Hallow (Gilmore Girls). With sarsaparilla and root beer in hand, it was the perfect way to spend our afternoon. Apple Hill may be one of my new favorite places in the area. It's pretty easy to win me over with donuts, cider, and beautiful scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment