Monday, November 30, 2015

THANKSGIVING & MACY'S THEATER OF LIGHTS

 This year for Thanksgiving, we stayed local and cooked dinner ourselves! We have done this in the past, but I have usually opted for cooking a turkey breast, as a full turkey somewhat intimidated me. This year, I decided to bite the bullet, and boy was it worth it! Besides waking up to an overnight leak in my brining bag, and a big mess in the fridge, the meal and day went off without any hiccups. After tasting my deliciously brined and cooked turkey, I vowed to ALWAYS do it this way! We enjoyed a lovely dinner and time with just the two of us! We ventured out later for Old Sacramento's Macy's Theater of Lights, which is a show held on the balconies of historic buildings in old town. We were entertained with historical facts, a reading of "T'was the Night Before Christmas", a light show, holiday music, and snow! It was really fun and a great way to get us in the holiday spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment