Monday, March 17, 2014

THE BECCA SALAD

So, I love salad. Specifically, salad with dark, rich, leafy greens. Don't give me that ice berg crud. I want the good stuff. All of my salads stem from this "base" if you can call it that, and has been named by Derek as "The Becca Salad".We live off salads in the summer-- I vow not to turn my oven on from June-September. That probably stemmed from those years in Arizona, but it's a strict policy in the Smith house. But salad-- just cool, crisp, light-- I could go on and on about how easy and delicious they make for a late summer dinner. So, take those dark greens and you must, MUST pair them with sharp red onion. From there, add whatever you like. I have variations of strawberries, Gorgonzola & walnuts. Another twist is avocado, bacon, Parmesan, pears & a creamy raspberry vinaigrette. This time around, I used feta, grapes, toasted almonds & poppy seed dressing. Just call me a bunny rabbit because I cannot get enough of these greens. 

1 comment:

  1. Salad twins. All my very favorite things! What would we do without Trader Joe's in life?!?!

    ReplyDelete