Monday, August 27, 2012

Bubbly Toes

Although Derek is studying to become a podiatrist, there is something that needs to be said about me and feet. I really don't like feet. At all. In high school, my friends would tease me about not liking feet and always throw them in my face, or even sneak them onto my feet/legs in the movie theater. I know, I have really nice friends, don't I? Later in college, when Derek and I first started dating, I was over at his apartment with some of his roommates and friends and we started talking about things we hate. I boldly proclaimed, "I hate feet. I think being a podiatrist would be the worst job EVER!" Derek turned toward me, and nicely said, "Umm, that's what I'm going to medical school to become." Literally, I was shocked. {Did I really just say that out loud to a boy I like? A boy I really, really like? Crap, it's over. Done. He will never talk to me again.} Luckily, he decided it was funny, put his arm around me and gave me a hug. And ever since that day, he teases me about feet, even though my opinion has changed. Now when I see feet, I don't see something that I hate. I see something that makes me really happy, and that is 
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
But, I still prefer feet the way they are pictured above. All clean and soapy. Perfect for my future podiatrist to rub. 

6 comments:

  1. this is hilarious!!!!!!
    i would have been mortified that he wouldn't ever talk to me again!

    you lucky lady! :)

    ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was! Luckily, he just laughed! HA HA Thanks for your sweet comment!

      Delete
  2. as luck would have it, eh?! i hate when people put their bare feet on me {aside from ruby}. brad can only play footsie with me if he's wearing socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baby feet are acceptable. All others... I seriously see them as hobbit feet.

      Delete
  3. Yes!! I'm so glad you finally shared the story of how that went down! At least he's the one working with feet and not you

    ReplyDelete