Monday, September 27, 2010

Things I Love About Substitute Teaching


1st Thing......


I love the fact that I get to leave 10 minutes after the bell rings at the end of the day.
Instead of grading papers, organizing, and planning, I get to go home.


2nd Thing......
If the kids are annoying, I only have to spend 1 or 2 days with them.
If you're thinking "Aww, kids aren't annoying", you need to
a. spend more time around kids.
b. spend more time around your kids and thier friends.
c. agree with me.
(seriously)
3rd Thing.....
Experiencing different grade levels.
I' m especially loving grades 2-6.
High School was- let's just say it's not my forte.
(goths/preps/jocks/druggies)


4th Thing......
Having funny stories to bring home EVERY night.
Today a 4th grader told me he broke up with his girlfriend.
He told me, "I usually let girls down easy, but not this time."
(I was dying of laughter!)




5th Thing......
Being called Mrs. Smith
(my favorite)

1 comment:

  1. 1. I agree with you on kids being annoying.
    2. Whoever said teaching is an easy job, really needs to do my job for a day. Think 160 hormonal teenagers who only think about the opposite sex, themselves and believe they are always right.
    3. Would NEVER want to teach elementary school. Although, if I was forced to teach elementary school or middle school, totally elementary school. (I like the thugs, teen moms, jocks, etc...)
    Glad you are enjoying teaching!

    ReplyDelete