Tuesday, October 22, 2013

GETTING TO KNOW YOU

Derek and I have always lived in very transient wards--Arizona was full of students, Michigan had quite a few move outs all at once, and now our wonderful San Diego ward is filled with military and law students galore. I love that there are always a slew of new people coming in, but at the same time, it's sad to see ward members leave. This month, per request of members, we held activities all about getting to know one another. We served pies and cobblers--Lela & Brittany stole my taste buds with their Apple Crisp & Pumpkin Pie-- and had great conversation about everyone's loves and talents. It was  a great evening where we all learned fun facts about each other & shared some of our own. 

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Delicious, too ;)

    Msemilybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! Your peach cobbler was my fave. I love working with you so darn much :) High five!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute activity!!! I'll have to remember that questionare and try to mimick one day if I'm ever in charge of an event like that. Adorable! You are so pro with your pics it's inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! It was a great activity for all ages of women. Definitely a hit!

      Delete
  4. great idea for an activity. come to my ward and do our activities pleeeease!

    ReplyDelete