Friday, August 3, 2012

Summer Rain

Like mentioned in earlier posts, we have experienced many summer rain storms. Waking up to bursts of bright white lightening in the early hours of the morning has been both exciting and terrifying at times. The thunder on the other hand, is just terrifying. After Derek left for the hospital a few mornings ago, I went out and snapped a few photos. It was so beautiful and refreshing to see the grass and trees wet, like they had just taken a shower. A few minutes later, the thunder started again, and you better believe I was running as fast as my furry boot feet could carry me.

10 comments:

  1. Please send some rain our way!!!! No fair keeping it all over there ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try my best! Next time it rains, I will run outside and yell for it to go to you! :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too! :) Happy Birthday Friend!

      Delete
  3. midwest thunderstorm are crazy fun! the thunder alone will make you're heart skip a beat! glad you like them...the monsoon season in az just never did it for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing about monsoons is that they were like mud storms! Your poor car and anythig else outside was 100% ruined after one. And they lasted maybe 10 minutes. I love a good rain. :) Excited to get back and have some
      CA rainy days soon!

      Delete
  4. With the drought going on throughout most of the country, I bet it is a relief to be having so many storms! We had a crazy one by our house a couple nights ago that had me pretty scared but we love that rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Coming from desert to all this green has been an adjustment! So gorgeous though. Even just driving into our neighborhood the tree lined streets make me tear up..I am such a baby.

      Delete
  5. It's so pretty and green there! Love reading about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Such a difference from the desert! And thanks I love reading your love story! :)

      Delete