Friday, July 27, 2012

Leopard Print Feet

If someone would have told me even last year that this summer I would be living in Michigan right now, I would've laughed. I read some blog entries early in our marriage and was laughing at the fact about how closed minded I was about the Mid West. I even wrote "NO MICHIGAN" in one of them. Thankfully, I grew up a little bit and became open minded to the idea of moving somewhere completely and totally different. With that, I would have never imagined it being almost August and wearing leopard slippers everyday because I find myself "cold". Or waking up to beautiful displays of lightening and loud rain pounding down on our balcony and BBQ. It has seriously been such a treat to be here during this beautiful time of year and enjoying the green & mild weather. It's even more crazy to think that our time here is almost coming to an end, and soon I will be living in California with my family again while Derek travels for clerkships from coast to coast. Maybe he should take the slippers for his long drives? I mean, they are his anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment