Just some stuff on my mind....
- Christmas decor is already up in our house, and I love it. Twinkling fairy lights, bright & cheery ornaments, and my pretty nativity make me happy. [pictures and post soon to come]
- Derek & I are having our "first" Thanksgiving alone. Yep. This means I will be cooking.
- Okay, okay. I'm not cooking everything. Boston Market is providing the turkey, Pillsbury is helping the rolls, and good old Marie Calendar is doing the pie. This leaves me with stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans, & maybe a jello salad the man has requested.
- It's in the 60's & 50's at night and Derek is still requesting that the A/C be on. He is a polar bear and needs an ice cave to live in.
- Derek is doing rounds at the hospital Thursday-Sunday morning. We might go visit and see some of his patients later in the day since they might be alone over the holiday. Kinda makes me sad :(
- We found some really fun things to do over the long weekend! I don't know who is more excited about Zoo lights, a picnic in the park, seeing a movie, and Christmas shopping.
- My sissy is presenting a case in front of a "moot court" [a "fake" court of judges and lawyers] and is helping represent BYU-Idaho. She is one of four students in the whole school! We are super proud!
- Aside from our regular DVR shows [New Girl, Raising Hope, Always Sunny, Modern Family], I have added The Chew & Ellen- every.day. Obsessed? Yes. Ashamed? Heck no.
- My baby brother [and by "baby" I mean 16-year-old, 6'4, football star] was moved up to Varsity last week. His team is in the semi-finals and hoping to get far so they can play in Qualcomm Stadium. Needless to say, Dad is beaming ear to ear.
- Our daily "Thankful" board is getting full with great things. Yesterday was carpet. Today was machines of all kind- washing, drying, vacuuming. Basically, thankful I was born in 1988 rather then 1888.
What are you looking forward to this week? Family? Friends? Food?