Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Long Week

It's 9:01 on a Tuesday night and I'm exhausted. I don't even have kids to feed, bathe, and put to bed. All I have to do is worry about myself, oh, and my 26 "kids" I greet 5 days a week at school. Every night, I get ready for my nightly chat with Derek.
Some nights, it's fun. We talk about our days, laugh, joke, share storiesOther nights, it's not so fun. We're stressed and tired. On these nights, Derek is usually studying for a test. Now, here's where it gets hard. I support him 100% in his endeavorsI always tell him "If there is anything I can do, let me know!"
But, I know that's silly! I can't take is anatomy test for him. I can't study diseases for hours on end in his behalf. I can't see him everyday like we used to in Rexburg.
But, I can support him. I can tell him I love him. I can make him yummy dinners. I can clean is apartment.
He always says "Thank you". He is always so happy to see me. He is always smiling & saying "I love you".

Then I realize,
It's the moments like these, that make it ALL worth it.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute couple you two are! And I love your hair. I keep trying to add some type of curl to my hair and it just ends up sticking out in every direction :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. K I clicked on an old link and holy cow-your hair is adorable short too! So darling. I can't pull off short hair well. Anyway, darling pics and posts. We're applying for residency in AZ along with many other places so I thought I'd check out your AZ posts. :)

    ReplyDelete